The Rotarod is widely used as a performance and behavioral task to assess motor performance in rodents using the natural fear of falling as motivation. The MazeEngineers device and can be customized for speed, acceleration, and is connected and controlled using the easy-to-integrate Conductor Software (Included).
Dividers prevent mice from entering other lanes. Minimal height & soft landing prevents harm after a fall from the bar. The rod itself has horizontal ridges to help the mouse hold onto the rod.
Key Features include:
- Eliminate run time data entry mistakes by defining the entire study in advance
- Programmable parameters include:
- Programmable speed, acceleration, and deceleration
- IR floor sensors detect true falls and log via the Conduct Software.
- Easily collect subjects after completing experiments. Using our included insert, the Rotarod animal compartments can be completely enclosed to prevent animals from escaping after falling from the rod.